Husky Nutmeg's Word Gallery

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Love Tattered but Loved


Love Tattered
Originally uploaded by Husky Nutmeg.
One of the times when I could see how much my son loves me.


It was a long time ago. We were moving house (again) . I was being ruthless with my belongings and my son watched me crying as I threw some things away. This scarf was one. I love it because it was a very fine silk scarf once. It's worn and imperfect now, damaged property. Somehow I love it more because of that.

Unpacking was a lot easier than packing. My son stood in the doorway with a bashful smile, proudly holding my scarf. He handed it to me - his big heart filling the room when he put his arms around his weeping mother.

So now it means even more.

6 Comments:

  • That's so sweet! Children have a sixth sense sometimes.

    By Blogger ChickyBabe, at 5:57 pm  

  • Thanks chickybabe. He always was much older than his years.

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 8:25 pm  

  • He's going to be a hoarder. I am a hoarder.

    By Blogger Chai, at 12:24 am  

  • What do you hoard?

    My son comes from a long line of hoarders and I'm proud of that.

    Collectors and historians are hoarders.

    Hoarders get such a bad rap considering they are the most resourceful people on the street.

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 9:20 am  

  • I'm not very fussy. Everything I guess. OK... This weekend, I will be ruthless. Old clothes, study notes. Going.

    By Blogger Chai, at 11:51 pm  

  • Sometimes it's good to clear things but I find I have to be in a ruthless mood, otherwise I just find myself reminiscing over things and wasting time.

    Happy clearing!

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 8:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home