Husky Nutmeg's Word Gallery

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Party On Dr Zeuss

I had the most bizarre dream a couple of nights ago.

It was in a waiting room waiting to have an operation with a bunch of nurses (the girls from Sabrina Teenage witch – how scary is that already?!) who were bickering about personal stuff. Very soap opera - this whole dream.

A middle aged in one of those fifties-style nurse outfits (I knew I could trust her for some reason) told me she will be putting this massive needle into my chest and then proceeded to do so twice, dropped the thing, picked it up and jabbed me again. I just lay there staring at her with wide rabbit eyes thinking I can handle this, I can handle anything, oh tough me…

A cute, male nurse came by and and wheeled me into the theatre, then this doctor – also very nice to look at (when in Soap Opera World, you might as well have the involvement of an occasional hottie) came in an started talking to the nurses (how true to my life is that!). I was feeling brave but couldn’t breathe so I asked for help. I kept in mind to keep my mouth shut so as not to say anything stupid because I knew the anaesthesia was starting to work and I had no idea what I was there for. The hot doctor then said something like, ‘So, what are we fixing?’ (!!!!! Oh Great…)

I resigned to let them deal with it. Curled up in a foetal position and went to sleep only that’s when I woke up.

I love crazy dreams. You always try to dissect them and then you realize it was really just what you ate the night before!

On the other side of Christmas. How exciting. It’s a lovely time of year but I spend a lot of time smiling like a chimpanzee and usually by New Year I start acting like one. For this reason I opted to have a ‘quiet’ New Year this year and agreed to babysit my friend’s five year old son. Quiet, you ask? Come to think of it...

So far, it’s been very entertaining. We’ve painted pictures before the heat set in. We’ve watched a movie. At some point my little five year old mate, asks me why my daughter, also five, does not want to have a boyfriend. Sadly, I know the truth here. She has a thing for his best buddy at crèche.

We did the dress ups thing (no I didn’t really join in on that one, although a fifties nurse costume seemed strangely appealing). The young batman declares, ‘I have just changed into an evil batman - Roar!’ to which I automatically respond, ‘No, we have no evil beings in this house.’ Batboy stops in his tracks and says, ‘oh… okay!’ and everyone is happy.

There you have it – the answer to world peace. Somebody’s mother just has to stand up and say, ‘no, we will have none of that on this planet’ and all will be well.
I’m sure that was Mother Teresa’s theory, come to think of it. Now there's a woman. As she once said, "Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin."

Happy New Year everyone. Party on and have one for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home