Husky Nutmeg's Word Gallery

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Gravity

There was a piece of cotton stuck in my eye on Monday morning. Somewhere, a tiny fairy is cursing about where all their odd socks get to. Now we know.

Anyway, that, together with a massive hayfever attack, resulted in my waking up looking like none other than Satan’s Auntie. It was a really scary look although Mip didn’t seem too fussed which is a worry. It was very unfortunate. Poor me.

The doctor told me the conjunctiva (how grose does that sound) that had gathered around my eyeballs had also migrated under my eyes into hand luggage sized bags sitting on my cheekbones, because of what???!!! Gravity.

Bloody Gravity! Now, I’ve heard it all. It’s one thing to accept there is a reason why last year’s clothes look so different this year. It’s even fair to accept it when the labels in your underwear drawer use the word ‘support’ more often than a construction site manual. But when your face starts sliding off your skull, it’s time to do something about it, man.

So that’s it. I’m getting the carrots and celery into that juicer and dusting those Tai Chi videos I promised myself I’d practice religiously a hundred years ago. Gravity, my arse (well actually… that’s another thing…)

Maybe if I lived like a vampire and hung upside down at night, I might beat gravity. Hell, they do it with roses while they’re drying out. Hmm, now there’s yet another issue…

6 Comments:

  • That Newton guy has a lot to answer for.

    By Blogger Chai, at 11:06 pm  

  • Hmmm. As does Blancmange.

    4.06am???? Can I have a dozen scones with that?

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 5:34 pm  

  • How about you fix your time? :-) In case u dont know where, I think you goto "Settings", and under the "Formatting" tab, there is a time zone where you set your time zone. If you already knew this, then did you know that the panda is part of the racoon family?
    Blancmange, eh? *strains to find a connection but fails miserably*.

    By Blogger Chai, at 8:11 pm  

  • Good God Chai you are a genius. There I was in Los Angeles, probably 'living on the ceiling...'

    Now here I am, down under, thinking I might visit the zoo.

    Did that quiz by the way. Was very funny. Will post it.

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 11:46 pm  

  • That's what I keep telling the guys at work (regd being a genius).
    And where you think you are is just a state of mind.
    You dont clarify Blancmange (musical or edible?).
    Looking forward to your post.

    By Blogger Chai, at 9:46 am  

  • 'Where you think you are is just a state of mind'
    Occasionally I need directions. Thank you for that.

    It was musical.

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 10:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home