Husky Nutmeg's Word Gallery

Thursday, June 23, 2005

my BIG little guy


mylittleguy
Originally uploaded by Husky Nutmeg.
My son turns eighteen today.

What can I say about my son? I’m proud of his ability to enjoy many different circles of friends and relatives with an ease I can only admire. I’ve been looking at photos of the three families that have surrounded him through the years, preparing slideshows of the moments, hoping the synthesis will be as smooth when we all get together to celebrate.

He loves to be the clown and isn’t afraid to be different. In school projects, he would always take the off-centre options when other kids were happy to settle for plain vanilla.

He is dramatic by nature. When he was little many knew him as ‘Oscar’. Mind you, real life had a lot of drama attached to it so maybe that was a good thing.

His passion for food and cooking has always amazed me. At an early age he’d be glued to the television when the cooking shows came on. I thought he might become a chef someday, although he did work at KFC for a while there. Now he is an excellent cook at home. Watch out Jaime Oliver, there’s still time for this boy…

His passion has moved onto music (his girlfriend might beg to differ) and he’s learning to be a DJ. I think he’ll be great. He’s also a graphic design wiz. That’s the thing about my son, he can make magic out of whatever he puts his hand to.

We haven’t always seen eye to eye – we are very similar in nature which can be tricky. Add to that the fact that I’ve made just about every mistake in the ‘Parenting Book’, he’s done well to be where he is now.

One thing for sure is that he’s an independent spirit and while at times it can be frustrating, I love that quality in him.

Congratulations Leon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home