Husky Nutmeg's Word Gallery

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Weeping Willows

I’m a journalism student. That means I make it my business to read as much as I can and as often as I can. So what have I learned from subscribing to a multitude of papers?

It’s not the reading of the papers that takes the time.

Seeeuuuuuwipppp goes another 3 kilograms of newspaper into the recycling. Out with ‘Drive’ – I don’t do it or read it; Sport – hmm a bit like ‘Drive’ really – in fact, it’s a damn good thing there isn’t a ‘Sex’ section come to think of it – that would be another 800 grams of garbage; I browse over the Real Estate section – nope - not buying or selling at the minute. Seeuuuuwippp!

Where’s my horoscope? Now there’s some riveting stuff.

Business and Money – having spent all of mine on newspapers – seeeuuuwipppp!

Health. Travel. Look at that - ‘The Ten most annoying diseases you can catch on Spring day while picking parsley on a hilltop with a dozen Swedish nuns.

Opinions. Editorial. Letters. I put them all aside to read last.

Down to the last 300 grams of newsprint and what do you know? It’s the news section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home