Husky Nutmeg's Word Gallery

Thursday, April 07, 2005

From Where I'm Standing

Discipline. No. Not much discipline here. Write and post everyday? Ha!

I’ve come to understand that writing is like unpacking the brain and there’s a lot of junk in there – a garage sale is looking good, just now.

How awesome is it when a line from a song or a movie or a book really grabs you. When, amongst your friends, a line turns into a reference point that you can always return to, that magically and automatically transports to the mood of that moment in time.

There’s been a lot of that today. I’ve been compiling a tribute for a friends 50th. The memories are doing my head in.

This week has been all about labour. Labours of love amongst other things. Great things – motivating stuff – just LOTS of it. I’m feeling inspired and exhausted at the same time.

I love my life. It’s great and it’s all mine. Sometimes I feel like I don’t belong in it though – I’m somewhere in the third person. Mind, that’s a handy place to be – it’s like a mental anaesthetic…

'Husky Nutmeg stifled someone once. Lost in something disguised as the real thing she became quite deranged and as an act of tenderness, made for her ‘subject’ (as you should never treat anyone as an ‘object’) of affection, three million origami figurines (Husky Nutmeg is so unsmooth – even her acts of love are daggy). It was like a burial before the burial. Very sad.'

Just once in a while, I step back into the shoes I’m wearing and feel the blisters.

In ‘Wrong Bet’, when Claude says, “I want to take you away from all this ugliness”, mmm hmmm I was right there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home