Husky Nutmeg's Word Gallery

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

10 of 20 things that make you go hmmm

I’ve been tagged by none other than Sugar n Spice of The Missing Ingredient. Bless you my child, I do love a chance to talk about myself. Due to circumstances mentioned in point seven, here are the first ten…

1. I have learned that you shouldn’t wear water resistant watches in the bath as they are as water proof as wearing a raincoat in the ocean.

2. I think we’re all made out of the same stuff. So all our victories are shared and are to our collective credit and we should take collective responsibility for individual failure with exception of the odd idiot who wears his new water resistant watch in the bath and gets narky when it stops working.

3. A decade ago, I painted a mural in one of the therapy rooms of a health care centre. One of the new counsellors saw it and declared the artist was schizophrenic. Bloody cheek.

4. My culture disposes me to live in a cluttered environment but my psyche demands I keep life simple so I live in a revolving cycle of building and clearing.

5. I must be a vegemite purist – I don’t like that cheese and vegemite thing – it’s vegemite OR cheese. Just like peanut butter and margarine. What are people thinking with these combinations?

6. My mother taught me it was cheap to look and act like everyone else so I ‘rebelled’, and tried to blend in with some of the worst and best crowds. I learned a lot about people and what they expect from other people. Now I do my best not to judge my kids decisions too much.

7. When you live in the moment, some stuff just doesn’t get finished. Some people bag me over that. There is never enough time in the day for me but I think that’s a good thing. I get frustrated with people who get ‘bored’ because I can’t understand a world without a million projects to work on. It doesn’t bother me that most of my projects are unfinished. It’s the process that excites me.

8. Having said that, there are a few projects that I would like to finish this year, for example that Tasmanian seascape I started in 1998.

9. My children have been my greatest teachers.

10. Unlike some, I don’t hate my alarm clock. In fact, I have four set at three different times. Some time management resources don’t cost an arm and a leg you know.

6 Comments:

  • It says 551am! What time do you set your alarm clock? You dont happen to work in morning radio or a bakery, do u?

    By Blogger Chai, at 10:33 pm  

  • I'm a morning person - but now that you mention it, I wouldn't mind working for morning radio or a bakery. I wonder if these jobs are filled with people who are essentially morning folk or if they're just awake because they have to be??

    chai, you posted at 3.33am. How about a news break with that bagel, my friend.

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 6:23 am  

  • O...K... Maybe you've got your timezone set wrongly... You're about 4 hours ahead. Under settings and then formatting. My grandparents ran a bakery. They started work at like 3am. But the smells to wake up to (assuming you werent one of the workers) were to die for. Have fun with the quizzes.

    By Blogger Chai, at 9:30 am  

  • I will do, thanks - not ready to rate my life today though.

    Warm bread - nothing like that. One of life's little pleasures.

    Like origami - enjoy that.

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 2:21 pm  

  • Heyyy... did u click on the origami link on the blog? It is "special" origami. I guess it'd be amusing at dinner parties, between courses.

    By Blogger Chai, at 3:56 pm  

  • I did indeed - I agree - it would be very amusing at dinners... Imagine the 'party trick' value in that...

    'Hey, That's not a frogs leg...'

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 10:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home