Husky Nutmeg's Word Gallery

Monday, November 28, 2005

Tuning Out

Libra---You may feel as if you are running against your own inner tide a bit today so be certain not to push yourself too hard. It is really a day for you to slow the pace of life down and find personal space to be alone, meditate and relax... ASTROZONE

I went away to Stephs on the weekend. Stayed in a cabin overlooking gum trees, a creek, some really fluffy looking cows, another cabin… All green (apart from the black and white Galloways). Finally my neck and shoulder muscles have begun to unravel.

The birds are just as chattery there as here by the beach although at least in the country I can name one or two. Imagine being a bird, “We’re having a little get together - in that circle of trees above the Galloways. Kookaburra? Do we have to invite her? She’s always sooo loud at parties…”

5 Comments:

  • No offence taken - In fact, apart from the employment chances bit, I'm sure that was part of my mother's 'You're not leaving the house in that' speech.

    AIR

    The element of air is associated with the intellect. Those born under air signs have sharp, inquiring minds and outgoing, gregarious personalities.

    Heck. We knew that didn't we. Got that from: http://www.astrology-search.com/elements.htm

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 9:58 pm  

  • I'm an Aquarian. My 9 y.o. daughter's a Libra. I dont know when/how it happended but I've lost control. Maybe I never had it. But she is pretty sharp. Wont bore you with the kiddie stories.

    AQUARIUS
    Jan. 20 - Feb. 18
    You have an inventive mind and are inclined to be progressive. You lie a great deal. On the other hand, you are inclined to be careless & impractical. Everyone thinks you are a f*cking jerk.

    If I had more talent, I'd like to be an artist. It's a harsh environment for artists out there. Everyday, I thank God I was born talentless.

    By Blogger Chai, at 10:44 pm  

  • Control is overrated. As soon as you bother to check the timetable, you find your bus is late or your watch has stopped.

    I'm sure I had a photographic memory before parenthood kicked in but my kids don't forget a thing.
    They have never known me as a 'clear thinking' individual except when I'm bluffing. hmmm... they probably know I'm bluffing...

    Edouard Manet was an Aquarian.

    I don't understand your last comment. It might be a 'clear thinking issue'.

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 6:50 am  

  • As in I have no stomach for the sacrifices an artist seems to have to make (based on the few struggling artists that I know). I would probably starve.

    By Blogger Chai, at 7:22 am  

  • I wonder whether it's so much of a sacrifice when the choice not to create feels worse than not eating. Does that make sense? I've been out clipping the lavender outside and I start overthinking...

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 8:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home