Husky Nutmeg's Word Gallery

Friday, December 02, 2005

Me and the Romper Room Dooby are 'like that' now.

'You take the high road and I'll take the low road', was our agreement this morning.

I have a massive lavender bush out front of my unit. Every now and then my neighbours start waving their arms about and making loud noises until observant me looks outside and says, 'oh yeah, I suppose it IS blocking the driveway!'

So this morning at dawn, before coffee (this is true sacrifice) and armed with hedge clippers I found that three billion bees had beaten me out of bed.

Then, as always happens when I start gardening, my brain starts wanting to write. Fantastic, maybe it's the pungent aroma of lavender - or maybe it's all just a ploy by my brain to get me back in the kitchen near the coffee.

I summoned Mip to grab me some paper and a pen. I'd get my tape recorder but the fact is by this time my neighbours are starting to leave for work and have already been looking at me sideways over the bee whisperer thing.

I used to watch Romper Room with my sister when I was little. Yeah, that's right:

"I always do everything right.
I never do anything wrong.
I'm a Romper Room Do Bee;
A Do Bee all day long!"

I'd be so cross at the end because my name is so non vanilla that Miss Whoever She Was (well, all right, so I can't remember hers either) would look through her magic mirror and see Sally and Judy and Mary. She'd finish with "... and I can see you!' My mother would say, 'See, she did see you.'

Shrinkful Folk might pinpoint the seeds of an identity crisis right there. I see it as good grounding for future discussions with these early rising bees over Lavender Real Estate.

8 Comments:

  • Weird first name? You mean it's not Megan (or one of the variations, hence the nutmeg bit)? All this time...

    By Blogger Chai, at 3:13 pm  

  • It has ten letters. No, not Rumpelstilskin - that has 14. This from parents who through the years have called their pets names like Sally and Jimmy.

    Megan. Hmmm.

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 11:54 pm  

  • You know... Megan -> Meg -> Nutmeg?
    Girls name, 10 letters... let's see... Chlamydiae... Ha ha... I am so funny... I remember a friend telling me that most STDs sound like girl's names... gonorrhea etc... I lived next door to an Adelheid once. Only pedigreed person I ever knew. 10 letters, eh? So you are kid #5, so probably Catholic, guessing Irish. Magdeleena? What's the first letter? You already know mine. And you can work out where I work, live and look like from my blog anyway.
    Principesa. Getting late. I give up.

    By Blogger Chai, at 12:53 am  

  • You have a great name AND from what I've read of your website etc. you have an interesting life and seem quite fearless in your transparency (admirable stuff).

    Those of us with no life (a fact I've often mentioned) are more cagey (paranoid too - where's that shrink) because the element of mystery might add the slighted element of interest.

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 8:37 am  

  • slightest element was what I was trying to say...

    Dutch not Irish

    Petronella

    Don't laugh

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 8:46 am  

  • *muffled giggle* That's a Dutch name, is it? *quickly scans through all the dutch people I know*. Heb uw honge? *showing off _all_ my Dutch in 1 sentence* Once got taken to that Dutch shop on Burwood highway(?) to buy $50 worth of liquorice (not for me. Not like that much).
    And I am a fraud. As I pointed out to a blog commentor, the analogy would be watching the football live and nothing happens for 89 of the 90 minutes and the 1 minute of action is on TV and it looks *so* exciting. I have no real life and am just passing time, for now.
    And regd transparency, that was accidental. Coworker pointed out my pathetic attempts at anonymity and easily uncovered. D'oh.
    *sigh* Have to go buy some meat for a BBQ 3 hours drive away. Dont feel like going.

    By Blogger Chai, at 9:56 am  

  • Typo...
    "Coworker pointed out my pathetic attempts at anonymity [was] easily uncovered."
    Still doesnt sound right. Never mind.

    By Blogger Chai, at 10:02 am  

  • Right then. You are officially removed from the virtual pedestool set up exclusively for you and you can come and join the rest of us (unwashed millions that we are).

    Double salted Dutch liquorice... closed eyes, sigh.

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 6:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home