Husky Nutmeg's Word Gallery

Monday, February 06, 2006

Let's Get Physical

I was in Footscray the other day. A great place for a bargain and whenever I pass through the place I can pick up a dozen or two energy drinks for under $10.00.

And there they were - a slab of them for $5.00. Different packaging but I saw the word ‘excite’ and thought, ‘yey, these will do nicely!’ And lovely blue bottles – very reusable.

Mip and I got on the bus and I rested the slab on my lap. The gentleman across from me, said, ‘Where’d ye get those?’

‘Just up the road,’ said I, quite proud of my purchase, ‘Five dollars!’

‘Party on tonight!’ he says, smiling.

I remember a word from one of those Washington Post Redefinition things – something like: ‘Pupplexed’ – the look your dog gives you when you pretend to throw the ball. Enough said.

Sitting on the bus for a while with no book and Mip happily looking out of the window, I thought I read the side of one of the bottles. I didn’t notice the little rabbits until later. It could have been the ‘Love from Sweden bit’ or perhaps the word ‘Aphrodisiac’ that allowed me to change colour five times on the trip home.

Here I was thinking how many other people on this bloody bus have noticed that – ‘There’s another one of those single mothers, Mildred. Spending all our taxpayers money on love herbs and having hundreds of babies.’

4 Comments:

  • Cool.... I've never looked forward to your next blog as much as I do now. :-)

    By Blogger Chai, at 10:37 pm  

  • ...thanks Chai. You're so funny. Your comments...are...so straight forward...yet strangely...alluring...ahahahahaha ;0)

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 10:55 pm  

  • I hope you read the fine print: Don't Drink the Niagara Alone!

    By Blogger ChickyBabe, at 1:21 pm  

  • heck no. Well actually, I don't think Rod Stewart and my ironing board count really, do they? Hahaha... sigh

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 1:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home