Husky Nutmeg's Word Gallery

Saturday, May 20, 2006

The List

Mip has her toy mobile phone positioned to her ear as I write. The thing rings (I'm waiting for battery breakdown - imaginary ringing sounds so much nicer). She stops for a second and says sternly, "No. And would you please take me off your list?"

Do I sound like that? I probably do. She walks around doing things with her free hand the way I do.

Maybe I should have her answer the phone when the government start their cold calling campaign to encourage me to use the public transport I already use.

6 Comments:

  • That's so cute! I'll have to remember that line.

    By Blogger ChickyBabe, at 2:52 pm  

  • Hi ChickyBabe. I had to write it down otherwise it gets mushed up in a haze of memories.

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 4:44 pm  

  • Your daughter said that?! Genius.

    By Blogger Justine, at 7:57 pm  

  • She's something else alright, Justine.

    I got another cold call the other day and hung up thinking, Damn, I forgot to use that line!

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 8:27 am  

  • we should stick these things to the fridge so we remember. I never think to do it either :-)

    By Blogger Justine, at 11:36 pm  

  • At least with Mip I have more chance of remembering things now. I had an idea for a kids book the other night so I asked Mip to remind me of it in the morning - which she did - otherwise it would be gone forever.

    Maybe she should start screening my calls!!

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 7:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home