Husky Nutmeg's Word Gallery

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Things which have Befuddled my Mind Since being struck by Gastro Yesterday:

I was Wondering

Public Photocopier Protocol. How long is a polite amount of time to photocopy? Is it like a public box phone call? I think it is. I might be wrong.

I was at the library photocopying some notes – I would estimate approximately four or five minutes of copying time. I had one of those copier cards in the machine and figured I’ll use up the $8.60 on it.

I was about half way through when a woman approached the photocopier and waited for about a minute as I was blissfully copying away. I gave her ‘the smile’ – you know - the one we all used on payphones not that long ago. She glared at me, stayed for another thirty seconds and left huffing and puffing (in search of a house of straw, I think).

See now, if I hadn’t had begun photocopying, and the woman approached, I’d have taken on the ‘Supermarket Queue Protocol’ whereby I would have said ‘I have a shopping trolley full as opposed to your pickled onions and Mylanta – go before me please – no, no trouble at all’.

The consolation was that my copier card held exactly the right amount for the job. How flukey. I was so pleased (when you have no life things such as this make you happy) I wanted to tell someone but the woman had gone. And really who would care anyway. Do you care? Of course you don’t.

Something Else

Why do I lose things I carefully put away, positive at the time that I don’t need to write myself a note, because this is the spot. Or writing myself a note that on return is so cryptic I can’t remember what the hell it was about.
After years of losing the ‘thing’ in the ‘safe spot’ and decades of trying to work out alligator in pink stilettos walks calmly at noon or steak paprika al tinkerbell Wednesday, you would think I might have learned something.

I can forgive myself of the midnight notes - if I wake in the middle of the night with a revelation of any description, it’s going to be a surreal piece of something, I don’t know what when I see it in the morning. It’s that one night stand kind of judgement. You wake up in the morning and it’s a whole new reality baby.

Making the same stupid mistake over and over and admitting it publicly. Does that make me a habitual idiot with no life?

And Another Thing

Husky Nutmeg has been online for a year now. If I wasn't feeling so seedy I'd drink to that. Thanks for visiting – thanks for the friendships made along the way.

4 Comments:

  • Happy Blogaversary! Here's to many more!

    I'd have a drink for you but I'm having tea to settle an upset tummy. Ah, the joys!

    By Blogger ChickyBabe, at 9:08 pm  

  • Thank you for the wishes and your kindness throughout.

    Hope the tea is working or hopefully has worked for you.

    I'm off to bed.

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 9:22 pm  

  • Happy blogaversary from me too! And regd losing things, first sign of madness.

    By Blogger Chai, at 9:19 am  

  • Thank you for you the wishes and for being *there*(pointing at screen) when I've need inspiration.

    Madness you say. Insanity, genius...fine line.

    I like to call it my creative edge (sometimes there's more edge than other times).

    By Blogger Husky Nutmeg, at 9:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home