Husky Nutmeg's Word Gallery

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Beginning to unravel


Revisted my blog and found this - an unpublished bit - it was too hard to put 'out there'. So many things have happened since and many times I found strength in the friendship I had with my old friend.

19.05.07
I can spend an eternity procrastinating but I know as well as anyone the only way to rid myself of this writer's block is to write. It's all been said before. So you write a whole bunch of drivel but do you publish it?
Chai said it the other day - this is an account of memeories and there's where it's at. In ten years it won't matter that I wasn't eloquent in what I said.

This time last year I lost an old friend - he was 41 years old and died of cancer. When we were kids he said he wouldn't live past fifty. When you are a kid you don't take that too seriously do you? He left a wife and three kids behind. He was the most honest man I ever knew. There were times when his 'black and white' viewpoint on things would drive me crazy. But then again he is the only man I have ever trusted without question. I'll share our old photos with his kids one day.

Anyway, it's made me think a lot.

18.04.09
It still does.